It’s as hot as the dickens outside in Provo today.
Pardon my sputtering of minced oath, but “jeepers mister, it’s hot out” wasn’t cutting it for me.
In addition, I forgot that I am a pansy. But really, I step outside and perspire from pores I never knew existed that I think I’m sweating from the future too.
So today I just want to cogitate on chillier times, like that one morning I was in Salt Lake, and it was wonderful and a mild 72 degrees max. Lovely. 72. Max. Bah.
Here are some photos:
1. The entrance to Temple Square
2. Salt Lake Temple
3. Pictured is my attempt at a selfie but actually photographed is me… getting distracted by something else. Probably penguins.
4. John the Revelator and…nothing is sacred to me. Except the temperate degrees between 68 and 76 degrees.
5. Statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith off Temple Square
6. Signs spoil my fun.
7. Some sort of plant life.
8. These lovely ladies were headed to the temple.
9. View from the gate
10. Cobblestones that reminded me of Istanbul. Also, did you click on that link from number 7? Totally worth it. It made me giggle.
11. The Reflection pool.
12. Gosh, I wish that that square was a chocolate bar.
13. Majestic wildlife of Salt Lake
14. Inside the closed Joseph Smith Building.
15. I was only happy to relinquish my sole possession of Salt Lake to love.
I’m gonna go ruminate in my basement crawl space now.
You can ruminate on my trip to Salt Lake if you want.